The Keys to Success with Video Content on Social Media
In the battle between reading content vs. having it spoon-fed to us via video, the video will win whenever . citizenry have attention spans like those of goldfish. And with smartphones and countless other digital distractions not going anywhere anytime soon, goldfish might surpass us. We simply want our content now, and that we don’t want to possess to figure for it.
This rings particularly true when advertising on social media. It doesn’t matter how beautifully worded a post could also be . once you get your point across with a video, consumers are exponentially likelier to offer it the time of day, commit it to memory , and most significantly , make a purchasing decision fueled by their emotional response thereto . Read on to find out how your company can build brand loyalty on social media, one video at a time.
Why Videos are so Effective?
What is it about video marketing that creates it such a lot more dynamic than its written counterpart? There are two overarching reasons:
- The Practical Reason – Videos simply require less brainpower to consume, and provides us the knowledge we’d like at an immeasurably faster rate. consider what percentage times you’ve heard someone say “I don’t need to read the book. I’ll just watch the movie.” As infuriating as this might be for literary enthusiasts, the logic is straightforward to trace .
Whereas reading a whole book usually requires a few weeks’ worth of spare time and an alert brain, a movie dishes out an equivalent information over the course of two hours while asking virtually nothing of your brain.
- The Sensory Reason – additionally to delivering messages much more efficiently, videos possess two crucial X-factors that written content simply doesn’t have: visuals and auditory story elements. While written content only has text at its disposal, videos boast an unrivaled triumvirate of dialogue, imagery and accompanying sound. We’re getting to remember messages we see and listen to far better than messages we merely read. And as a result, we’re getting to have a deeper emotional response to them.
Video Stats on Social Media
In case you would like further convincing about how powerful a well-placed video on social media are often , inspect these eye-popping statistics about videos on the large 4 social media platforms:
- Facebook – on the average , videos posted to Facebook attract a complete of 8 billion views per day. The organic reach of those videos is up to 135% above posts that only feature photos.
- Instagram – Instagram video posts garner 38% higher viewer engagement than photo posts, and quite double the amount of comments.
- YouTube – consistent with YouTube reports, mobile video consumption on the platform rises 100% annually.
- Twitter – Twitter hosts a mean of 1.2 billion video views per day, variety that has doubled within the past year.
And here’s a couple of more stats permanently measure about video’s unrivaled performance on social media in general:
- Well over half the worldwide population watches a minimum of one online video a day
- 90% of consumers claim that an advertising video impacted their decision to get a product
- Videos on social media generate 12 times more shares among users than photos and text combined
- Websites with videos on the landing page can increase conversion rates by up to 80%
- Including a video in an email leads to a rise of up to 300% in click-through rates
- Four out of 5 consumers are ready to recall a minimum of one video ad that they viewed within the past month
Make it Live
The only thing better than a video may be a live one. Going live gives you a definite advantage because:
- Users that follow your account are notified in real-time whenever you go live, which increases your chances of the video being viewed
- Studies show that the retention rate for live videos on social media is 3 times longer than that of prerecorded videos
The Keys to a Successful Video on Social Media
Just because you package a message in video form, it doesn’t guarantee that your video will resonate with consumers. There are a mess of things that enter a video reaching viral status, sheer luck being one among them.
There are, however, several strategies you’ll utilize to offer your videos a far better chance of attracting a mass audience, including:
Following a Formula
According to industry experts, people are presumably to interact with the subsequent three video formats:
- Customer Testimonials – These videos enable you to let your customers do your advertising for you by sharing their real, positive experiences together with your brand. They put you within the enviable position of claiming “don’t take our word for it. hear actual customers who love our brand.”
- Tutorials – If your product is one that needs multiple steps to be used (makeup being a classic example), a video tutorial presents a win-win opportunity. It not only proves to your potential customers that you’re willing to offer them with helpful information for free of charge , but also is an efficient before-and-after illustration of how well your product works.
- Demonstrations – Like tutorials, video demonstrations of products are going to be appreciated by potential customers as both useful information and visual evidence that your product is great at what it does.
Shift the main Focus
Too many advertisers commit the critical mistake of creating their ad campaign about the sale. In doing so, they miss a major opportunity to introduce their brand’s story to people during a way that connects with them on a deeper level.
Consumers are through with “for just four easy payments…” videos. Your video should snatch your audience’s attention by crafting a narrative that creates them feel a definite psychological emotion also because the willingness to take a position in where your story goes . then you reward them with a resolution that accentuates the aim of you telling this particular story.
A class example of this came courtesy of a recent video ad for John Lewis, a emporium within the UK. It features Elton John playing “Your Song” on the piano while reflecting on his past as a musician. His final memory is from his childhood on Christmas morning, when his mother gifts him together with his first piano and he instantly falls crazy . As we wipe off tears, we couldn’t care less what John Lewis’s prices are. We just want to find out more about them.
Less is More
In 1657, French mathematician Pascal famously wrote during a letter to a lover “I have made this letter longer than usual, only because I even have not had the time to form it shorter.” Brevity should be one among the most points of emphasis in any sort of storytelling. this is often very true of videos, a forum that we’re interested in primarily because they save time.
Social media experts recommend the subsequent time durations for videos posted on each of the large 4 platforms:
- Instagram: Under 30 seconds
- Twitter: 45 seconds
- Facebook: 1 minute
- YouTube: 2 minutes or less
If you think that these timelines seem short, your audience’s timeline for supplying you with the emperor’s thumb is even quicker. Research shows that you simply haven’t any quite 10 seconds to form an impact on a consumer before they decide whether to stay around or keep scrolling.
Drive SEO Value
You know the old saying “if a tree falls within the forest but nobody was there, did it make a sound?” an equivalent logic applies to your videos. They don’t have any value if nobody sees them.
Thus, one among your top priorities should be to drive the SEO value of your video. Or, in other words, attempt to find ways to urge your product toward the highest of the search results page when people type keywords related to your product into Google.
Viable strategies for improving your video’s SEO value include:
- Carefully Craft Your Descriptions – Your video’s description is your opportunity to tell search engines what your video is about. confirm that it’s detailed and includes keywords that buyers are likely to type in when checking out products almost like yours.
- Same Goes for Your Meta Descriptions – Your video’s meta description, on the opposite hand, is your chance to inform your audience what your video is about. you ought to approach meta descriptions within the same way you’d an elevator pitch: make it clever and concise.
- Give Your Video a singular Title – consider your video title because the line of your pitch. like all line , it should be unique and interesting, one that creates them want to listen to what else you’ve got to mention .
Let’s say there are two videos, one entitled “First Date Tips” and therefore the other one labeled “Five Mistakes to Avoid on Your First Date.” Which one are you likelier to click on? Exactly.
- Choose the proper Thumbnail – On Google, video results show up with an accompanying thumbnail, a still image pulled from your video. Thus, though your video title is your line , your thumbnail are going to be the primary impression you create together with your audience.
Don’t waste the chance by letting Google choose the thumbnail for you (unless, of course, Google nails it). Use an irresistible thumbnail that best captures the story your video is trying to inform . If your video includes a snippet with a basket of puppies, get those puppies thereon thumbnail!
Content is king, and video content rules overall. Follow the following pointers for a video ad campaign on social media which will grab your audience’s attention and won’t abandoning .